Sonntag, 25. September 2011

Producers Discuss Frank Darabont’s Departure



Frank Darabont’s departure from The Walking Dead has certainly left fans of the zombie series more than a little concerned that the show will suffer as a result.

Not so, says the new No. 1 Glen Mazzara, who spoke with the media concerning how his take on the material will not be an attempt to emulate Darabont’s style.

“I think the show would be inauthentic if I tried to mimic’s Frank’s voice. I’m not Frank Darabont and I shouldn’t try to be. I think that would hurt the show,” Mazzara stated, adding his awareness that trying to fill the void left by a well-known talent like Darabont is a daunting task – not just for him, but the entire cast. “Let me be honest, it was rough. There’s an emotional connection to Frank that they’re never going to have to another writer/producer.”

To Mazzara’s credit, however, his attention is focused, first and foremost, on The Walking Dead – not others’ perception of him or the controversy. “There’s been all this concern that I’m going to f— up this show, and really, we’re just trying to get it done.”

Read more: Screenrant


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen